Saturday, November 19 – Sunday, November 20 with Monica Voss, Tama Soble, Shari Stein, Della Croteau and Helen Kohl, whole workshop, $175
As the population ages, teachers must inform themselves about natural changes in the body as well as common conditions such as osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Changes in outlook also occur in older students as they contemplate their lives and goals. Through practice, discussion and analysis, we will explore these and other issues of ageing and create intelligent and supportive options in order to instruct older students holistically with energy, knowledge and empathy.
Empowering the Ageing Body is intended for certified and non-certified yoga and meditation teachers, teachers-in-training, health professionals, therapists, social workers and interested students of yoga.
Sessions on Zoom:
- How Yoga helps Cultivate Bone Health: an Introduction to Osteoporosis and Osteopenia, with Shari Stein, Saturday, 1:00pm-2:30pm ET, $35
- Application to Teaching, with Tama Soble, Saturday, 3:00pm-5:00pm ET, $45
- Understanding Arthritis, with Della Croteau, Sunday, 10:00am-11:30am ET, $35
- The Brilliance of Chair Yoga, with Helen Kohl, Sunday, 12:30pm-2:00pm ET, $35
- Application to Teaching, with Monica Voss, Sunday, 2:30pm-4:30pm ET, $45